Friday, January 4, 2013

Ideals for 2013...

I got a negative scanner for Christmas...it's turning into a tool for my "Ideals for 2013".  Having resolutions doesn't work for everyone, I'm one of those people.  I'm forgetful, and random...and easily sidetracked.  Some would call that ADHD, thanks to the modern world there's finally a "department" that people like me can be sorted into.  Funny thing is, the modern world is a dog chasing it's own tail.  And while it busies itself with that, I've got better things to do...

As for resolutions, my "Ideals for 2013"...this is the best I can do...make a list and hope I'll remember to look at it again:
1. More art time, less computer time...
2. Learn a new art form...namely, encaustics...
3. Iron my husbands shirts, at least the collar...
4. Throw things away, as in...old negatives of flowers and street signs and cats...
5. Not gain weight...HA! See sidebar for "Primal Blueprint"...I'll be doing his "21-day total body transformation at some point this winter...
6. Be in New Mexico for my birthday this year...
7. Be prepared for holidays, birthdays, and craft fairs...as in, "Christmas in July"...
8. Wheat-free two O one three
9. Serious gardening this year complete with compost heap...hopefully the dog won't see it as her personal buffet...

I'm stopping at 9 instead of a nice, round 10 because it's also part of my "Ideals" to be ok with things (and people) not being perfect...and also to do less things well, as opposed to tinkering with ALL of the projects and ideas I have in a half-baked manner.

If you haven't already noticed, this post is going to be strictly black and white.  Most of my old negatives are b/w that I shot with a Pentax K-1000...no automatic focus, no "filter buttons", no frills.   They're also hand developed in a darkroom, talk about good old days.  The last time I went into Costco to have a negative printed, they told me they "don't do these anymore" and they would have to wait until the end of the day and re-build their machine just to print my one picture.

  One for the road...I was 16 here...I liked football??




No comments:

Post a Comment