Friday, November 30, 2012

If *Art Time* was a black friday special.....

As an *artist* mom, I find one of the most frustrating things is getting those 30 minutes of quiet personal time, and then completely jacking something up!

Is it really that difficult to cut a piece of paper into 7X14 inch pieces?  How did I get every one of them within 1/4 to 2 inches OFF?!  I can't imagine what would happen if I were to attempt something complicated, like making a bead.  I would probably burn the house down or something stellar like that!

*SIGH*

I decided it would be a no-brainer to scan some vintage ephemera to start a digital catalog of cool collage materials.  I started with THIS...

An envelope of my grandfather's from Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, 1940. 

And now I hear cries of despair coming from the 2nd floor...back to my regularly scheduled programming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment