Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday's lunch...

French fries baked in coconut oil with garlic dill kefir cheese.

Kefir cheese is made by straining the whey off of freshly made milk kefir.  Donna of Cultured Food Life uses it for all sorts of fun things, even ice cream.  It turns out a lot like cream cheese, and you can season it a number of ways.  For this dip I used dried dill from my garden, a clove of garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and then whipped it with a hand mixer.

I've completely departed from processed sugar, and even try to avoid it in small amounts.  Ketchup contains a lot more sugar than any of us imagine, so even though I love it on my french fries, I decided to find something healthy to use instead. I certainly did not miss the ketchup with this spicy yumminess on my taters!

Also, we don't eat a lot of potatoes, but do not avoid them!  We also had sprouted mung bean soup with these fries which was loaded with turmeric, cumin, coriander, garlic and ginger which was actually a Dr. Oz recipe.  Of course, I probably doubled the spices, but that's just me.  Herbs and spices are true medicine.  No mung bean soup pic...I pureed mine and it just looked like green goop.  Delicious green goop!

No comments:

Post a Comment