Tuesday, February 25, 2014

This Saturdays' thrift store finds...

My favorite little hole-in-the-wall thrift store has coughed up more treasures.  But I'm afraid the obscene cheapness is about to come to a screeching halt.  It seems that all of a sudden, someone who knows what they're doing is pricing things!  Good for them, it's about time.  And yet the cheap treasures still abound...and are nowhere NEAR the overpriced "bargains" at other thrift stores I visit.

This little vintage baby dress is new with the tags, and while children's clothes are usually heaped into a bin and you DIG to your heart's content for 25 cents per item...this one they knew to price much higher.  I paid $3.99 for it, probably my highest priced item of the day.  But I liked it.

Another Arizona plate!  I smell a collection forming.  99 cents.

More vintage embroidery.  All 3 were pinned together for 99 cents...and I've already used one in my new  current obsession...hand sewn bibs using vintage materials.

Another 99 cent treasure...this book is from the 40's and while not in great shape, it has that wear and character that I love for art projects.  I'll most likely make an art journal out of it for Bashi.

I love the innocence in writing in these old books...so refreshing.  Danny looks like a nice boy who loves his momma...doesn't he?

And this beauty...I passed on, sadly!  Now I wish I had it hanging in my kitchen.  The irony of a wheat-free house.  Bread warms the heart alright, some would say it warms it all the way to heart disease, but I think the plaque speaks of that warm, loving feeling that breaking bread with loved ones gives!  But I see things through rose colored glasses these days...or would that be through non-rose colored glasses?!  Maybe it will still be there next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment